this kheema recipe uses minced lamb, and is ideal for making stuffed sandwiches. best enjoyed as a breakfast dish with pav. you could also pair it with a pineapple raita and roomali rotis for a yummy dinner.
Kheema Pavthis kheema recipe uses minced lamb, and is ideal for making stuffed sandwiches. best enjoyed as a breakfast dish with pav. you could also pair it with a pineapple raita and roomali rotis for a yummy dinner.Nirmala Prem
Green chilli, chopped
Red onion, chopped
Red chilli powder
Madras curry powder
Coriander leaves, chopped
Juice of lime
- in a non-stick kadhai, heat the oil.
- add mustard seeds. when they splutter, add the chopped garlic, ginger and green chilli. reduce the heat so as not to burn, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- add the chopped onion, increase the heat and stir till onion turns translucent.
- add turmeric powder and mix well.
- add the chopped tomato, and a little bit of salt to help sweat the tomatoes down.
- when the tomatoes turn soft and release their juices, add the red chilli powder and coriander powder. mix well till the spice powders stop smelling raw. this is your masala base.
- to the base, add the minced lamb. stir it well to break it up, and cook evenly. the lamb should be well coated with the masala, and should turn brown.
- add the garam masala, madras curry powder and half the chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
- cover and cook over low heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring once in a while to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- next, stir in the remaining coriander leaves and take it off the heat.
- squeeze in the lime juice, mix well.
- transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.